Being A Critical Thinker
Warning: curl_getinfo() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/destin33/public_html/Thepeakperformancecenter.com/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-social-media-icons/libs/controllers/sfsi_socialhelper.php on line 501
Warning: json_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/destin33/public_html/Thepeakperformancecenter.com/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-social-media-icons/libs/controllers/sfsi_socialhelper.php on line 520
Warning: curl_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/destin33/public_html/Thepeakperformancecenter.com/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-social-media-icons/libs/controllers/sfsi_socialhelper.php on line 522
Being a Critical Thinker
A critical thinker will gather relevant information in order to systematically analyze issues from a wide variety of perspectives. They will use logic and reasoning to evaluate the information. They will question ideas and assumptions rather than accepting them at face value. A critical thinker will keep an open mind as they separate facts from opinions. They will critically judge the validity of arguments and ideas in order to form a fair and unbiased opinion. Lastly, they will change their mind if they discover they were wrong.
Being a critical thinker involves the ability to:
- use logic
- remain objective
Critical Thinking Defined
Critical thinking is the process of actively analyzing, assessing, synthesizing, evaluating and reflecting on information gathered from observation, experience, or communication.
The ultimate goal of critically thinking is to solve problems or make decisions. This is achieved by mentally processing information in a clear, logical, reasoned, and reflective manner so you can understand things better. This mental processing of information includes formulating questions, evaluating evidence, and questioning assumptions.
Being a Critical Thinker
A critical thinker….
- Approaches problems in a consistent and systematic way
- Seeks relevant sources of information
- Probes for evidence
- Identifies patterns and connections
- Judges the validity of information
- Reflects on information rather than using intuition or instinct
- Analyzes Information using reason and logic
- Understands the logical connection between ideas
- Breaks down assumptions
- Questions ideas and assumptions
- Identifies inconsistencies and errors in reasoning
- Recognizes arguments
- Evaluates arguments
- Determines the importance and relevance of arguments and ideas
- Deduces outcomes
Skills for being a Critical Thinker
The skills needed to be able to think critically include:
Are you a critical thinker?
Characteristics of a Critical Thinker
- Independent thinking
- Good Listener
- Willingness to reconsider view point
- Ability to distinguish facts from opinions
- Ability to suspend judgment